About Spark & Glow Photo
Hi there! I'm the ninja behind the lens, Michelle Catalano-Reilly. I've been photographing people, places and things of all sorts since 2000 when my dad gave me his 35mm Minolta camera. I received my BFA in photography from Columbia College Chicago in 2008 and studied abroad at the Glasgow School of Art, Scotland. I've been shooting weddings professionally since 2011 and am head over heels for telling love stories with my cameras!
Spark & Glow Photo specializes in photojournalistic documentation of offbeat and LGBTQIA weddings. My clients don't play by the rules and are playful, adventurous souls who want their union to be captured in a fun and honest light. Spark & Glow photo is a queer and vegan owned company that's not afraid to do things differently!
I absolutely love to make people laugh and feel that it is my duty as your wedding photographer to help make the day as fun as possible! As someone who is a bit camera shy herself, I place great importance on creating a genuine bond with all of my clients so they can relax and feel more like a good friend is behind the lens.
3% from each wedding that is booked gets donated to one of the following four charities: The Point Foundation National LGBTQ Scholarship, Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, Foundation for Women's Cancer, PAWS.
- The first camera I ever purchased was a large format 4"x5" Zone VI field camera.
- I've lived in Chicago, Scotland, California and Oregon but Chicago has always had my heart!
- I've been vegan for 13 years and counting!
- I can usually be spotted climbing precariously on things, stopping traffic and hiding in bushes with my cameras.
- I'm a total travel addict! If I don't leave the country once a year, I start to feel itchy!